Saturday, June 11, 2011

Mari survives DAY 1 of Summer Vacation...

So Friday  we went to Dylan's last day of school and they finished the day off with a parade.  Mari got swept into the parade with the students and in a second I lost her.  Thanks to 3 of my friends we found her.  I am going to end up with an ulcer because of her.  We then finished the day at the pool with my friend and her 4 kids.

Mari needs a NO FEAR t-shirt.  Maybe we will bring that part of the 80s/90s back and with her face on the back of it.  At the pool, she swam into the deep 5 ft part of the pool, following her sister.  I chased her down and brought her back.  I also had her 3 year old brother in my arms.  The moment we got back to the shallow part, she climb out of the pool and immediately jumped back into the deep end.  Just like that, JUMPED, like it was nothing.  My friend (emphasis...who also has 4 kids of her own) then chases after her and jumps in to grab her.  Ironically, Mari can actually swim on her own my friend found out, but at 4, I  am not going to let her swim in the deep end alone ( I am a responsible parent...or try to play the part).

My friend and I decided that day that Mari has the ability to move at the speed of light. She can teleport herself  like she is a  super hero or a Xman!

So, DAY ONE of summer, Mari was saved from an Amber Alert and from drowing....how many more to go?


"Oh Mar"  is just a phrase we sigh....and she then looks at us and says, "What?" with her hands out and shoulders shrugged....I am smiling just typing this...that kid....

"Day 1 at the pool, resting after her JUMP"


Video of some Mad Mari  Faces....





Some different faces of Mari...



"I am determined"




No comments:

Post a Comment